As an Amazon Affiliate Partner I earn from Qualifying Purchases
Let start 2021 with some shocking and most exciting January Transfer News in Football. In this blog, you will get to know the top 5 European leagues confirmed transfer news and some breathtaking rumors.
Let’s begin with the most-watched and popular football league in the world. The Premier League is called the most entertaining league in the world because of its competitive nature and high-intensity physical gameplay by all the 20 teams. All these factors make this league very unpredictable.
Arsenal has been in the limelight this January Transfer News as newly appointed manager Mikel Arteta is looking to rebuild Arsenal by removing high-profile players like Mesut Ozil who used to earn €350,000 per week and aiming to reduce Arsenal financial problems. Mesut Ozil has signed for Super Lig side Fenerbahce after spending 8 years with 184 appearances, 33 goals, and 54 assists for the Gunner. The second player on the list is Sokratis Papastathopoulos by terminating his Arsenal contract and making him a free agent. The last two on the list are left-back Sead Kolasinac who departed for FC Schalke 04 on a loan along with William Saliba who was loaned to the French side OGC Nice at the start of 2021. Mat Ryan has joined the Gunner on loan from Brighton till the end of the season.
Chelsea had some big signings last transfer window so they are not interested in the January transfer window apart from some rumors. But they have created some space in their dressing room by sending Fikayo Tomori and Danny Drinkwater on loan. Tomori joined Italian giant AC Milan on loan with an option to buy for €26M. Danny Drinkwater departs from Chelsea to join Kasimpasa on loan. Chelsea had finally sold Lucas Piazan after 9 years to Braga. Piazan was loaned seven times in 8 years of his Chelsea career.
Crystal Palace has signed Mainz forward Jean-Philippe Meteta on loan to strengthen their attacks.
Liverpool has signed two defenders on the deadline day to strengthen their defense. Ben Davies leaves Preston to sign for champion Liverpool on a long-term deal whereas defender Ozan Kabak is on loan from Schalke. Liverpool was looking for a replacement for Virgil Van Dijk and Joe Gomez in this January Transfer window.
Both Manchester City and United had made some investment in the teenager this January transfer window. Manchester City had signed 18 years teenage winger Filip Stevanovic from Partizan Belgrade for a €6M deal. While on other hand, Manchester United signed 18 years old wonderkid Amad Diallo from Italian underdog Atalanta B.C worth €37M.
West Ham has sold their record signing player Sabastian Haller to the dutch side Ajax only for €22.5M making it their most expensive signing ever. Haller has failed to make an impact worth his fee of €35M. Haller has scored only 14 goals in 55 games in all competitions.
Wolves made a quick signing of William Jose from Real Sociedad on loan with an option to buy. Nuno Espirito Santo Wolves manager desperately looked for a striker after their star striker Raul Jimenez was injured with a fractured skull in the month of November. Lack of striker in the team will give William Jose a place in starting XI with backup striker Fabio Silva who is 18 years old only and yet needs more improvement to compete for the spot.
Aston Villa has signed Marseille player Morgan Sanson which was later confirmed by Marseille manager Andre Villas-Boas.
La Liga is one of the best leagues in the world with world-class players and teams. La Liga may not be as competitive as the Premier League but has some big giants who ruled Europe over the past few years. Real Madrid and FC Barcelona are the two Spanish giants who are also the richest club and have the best player in the world. Messi who plays for Barcelona is the all-time highest goals scorer with 685 goals in all competition for the club alongside Ronaldo who used to play for Real Madrid which left the club in 2018 after the UEFA Champion League Final for Juventus is also an all-time highest goals scorer with 450 goals in all competition. Both Ronaldo and Messi won the Ballon d’Or for the past 10 years totaling 11 Ballon d’Or(Messi 6 & Ronaldo 5).
Atletico Madrid has signed Moussa Dembele on loan from Olympique Lyonnais with an option to buy for €33.5M. French striker can seem to be a good replacement for Diego Costa who terminated his contract with Atletico Madrid last month.
Real Madrid has sold their outcast striker Luka Jovic to his former team Eintracht Frankfurt on loan. It is confirmed that Real Madrid player maker Martin Odegaard has signed for Arsenal in order to look for more game time. Arsenal has been linking to the player and the player has arrived in London for the medical. If the loan deal will be done, then Arsenal will pay around €3M for the player.
Barcelona had been silent this winter transfer by sending Carles Alena to Getafe on loan which will help the young player to gain some playtime and experience for the long-term goal.
Sevilla has confirmed the signing of 32 years old Papu Gomez from Atalanta. Gomez was outcast by Atalanta manager Gian Piero Gasperini. In his time at Atalanta, he has scored 59 goals and 71 assists in 252 matches.
Read More: The Year That Was – 2020 Review
Italian first division league has grown some fans over the years with intense and passionate gameplay. Serie A has given many Italian giants such as AC Milan, Juventus, Napoli, and Inter Milan. Their history has been legendary with legends like Diego Maradona, Ronaldinho, Francesco Totti, Paolo Maldini, Zinedine Zidane, and many more to play for these great clubs. Serie A is again on the trend with Cristiano Ronaldo coming to Italy, and AC Milan is back on their form.
AC Milan has been busy in this January Transfer news as they are strengthening their squad to maintain their form and be at top of the Serie A table. AC Milan has signed Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea on loan with an option to buy. They had also signed Mario Mandzukic for the end of this season with an option to extend. Mandzukic will bring his experience to the AC Milan squad who is fighting for the title after so many years. Mandzukic has terminated his contract with Al-Duhail just after six months in Qatar.
Napoli sold their polish striker Arkadiusz Milik to the french team Marseille on loan.
Bundesliga may have the best and passionate fans in the world. And they have two great teams in the world, Bayer Munish and Borussia Dortmund and they dominate the german league.
Real Madrid outcast striker joins his former club Eintracht Frankfurt. Luka Jovic returns to his old club after failing to make an impact for the Spanish giants Real Madrid. Let hope he returns to his good old form and gets back to the scoring sheet.
In the list, there is one more striker who returns to his old club. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has reunited with his former club Schalke to help them fight in the relegation zone. Schalke has also signed Arsenal defender Sead Kolasinac to improve their defense.
Ligue 1 is the most underrated league in Europe with teams like PSG winning the league every year with ease. That is because PSG is the richest football club in the world and has some of the best players in the world like Neymar and Mbappe.
Marseille had signed a polish striker from Napoli. Arkadiusz Milik had joined the French side on loan.
Olympique Lyonnais sold their striker Moussa Dembele on loan to Spanish club Atletico Madrid with an option to buy for €33.5M.
- Liverpool is suffering from bad form both in attack and in defense and looking to utilize this January transfer window. Liverpool is in search of a striker as Firmino is having a difficult time finding nets. Liverpool in the race to sign Kylian Mbappe or Erling Haaland both will be worth more than €100M. But the main problem still lies that Liverpool’s defense is ruining their whole season as Liverpool manager Klopp shows his desire to sign David Alaba and Dayot Upamecano who is pursued by many other clubs.
- Chelsea is out of the race for West Ham and England defensive midfielder Declan Rice after sacking Frank Lampard. Chelsea has appointed ex-PSG manager Thomas Tuchel who is planning to break the club record bid by signing Haaland.
- Manchester United former player and captain Rio Ferdinand said in an interview that Paul Pogba will stay in United if they go on to win the premier league title after 7 years the last won in 12/13 season.
- Italian club Udinese show their interest in 35-year-old Napoli striker Fernando Llorente.
- Shkodran Mustafi Arsenal center back is set to leave the club this summer after spending 5 years at the gunner.
- Manchester City is looking for a striker and free agent Diego Costa would be a perfect fit for the Guardiola side. Manchester City shot-stopper Eric Garcia may leave for Barcelona, Pep confirmed.
- Angel Di Maria is looking to extend his contract at PSG after a failing move to the Tottenham Spurs.
- Arsenal can have a swap deal with PSG for Julian Draxler in exchange for Matteo Guendouzi who is on loan in Germany.
- Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos’ contract ends this summer and PSG is looking forward to taking this advantage by offering a 3-year deal.
- West Ham is leading the race for Manchester United forward Jesse Lingard on loan is also upcoming January transfer news.
- Bayern Munich is desperate to sign defender Upamecano after David Alaba departs from the club very soon.
- Barcelona manager Koeman needs a striker as they pursue City striker Aguero.
- Tottenham playmaker Dele Alli can move to PSG if the club finds a 24-year-old replacement before the January transfer window deadline day.
- Former Chelsea star Oscar said that he would like to return to the Premier League side Chelsea before he hangs up his boots.
As an Amazon Affiliate Partner I earn from Qualifying Purchases